The Scholarship Fund provides financial assistance from a fund established for children of Professional Members or Professional Members of more than two years who are enrolled in an approved school for the advancement of their education beyond the elementary level. Life Associate and Life Professional membership dues are automatically applied to the Scholarship fund and are tax deductible. ANY donation to the Scholarship Fund is considered tax deductible by the IRS.
PHA Scholarship Application: The following information is to be E-MAILED TO THE SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE at PHAsch12@aol.com by May 1st of the current year.
1. NAME, ADDRESS, EMAIL, AND PHONE NUMBER WITH A WORKING ANSWERING SERVICE.
2. NAME OF PARENTS’ PHA CHAPTER.
3. NAME, EMAIL AND PHONE NUMBER OF THE PHA CHAPTER TREASURER.
4. A BRIEF BIOGRAPHY THAT INCLUDES:
A. YOUR ACADEMIC BACKGROUND AND CAREER PLANS.
B. EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES IN AND OUT OF SCHOOL.
PLEASE INCLUDE ANY EMPLOYMENT AND/OR VOLUNTEER WORK.
5. ALL APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY THE MAY 1st DEADLINE WILL BE REVIEWED BY A MEMBER OF THE SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE.
APPLICANTS WILL THEN BE INTERVIEWED BY PHONE WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE CLOSING.
AT THAT TIME, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT:
A. A WRITTEN CHARACTER RECOMMENDATION FROM AN INDIVIDUAL OF YOUR CHOICE.
B. A COPY OF YOUR OR YOUR PARENTS` IRS REPORT.
C. A TRANSCRIPT OF YOUR FINAL GRADES.
THIS INFORMATION (5. A, B, C ) MUST BE RECEIVED BY JULY 1st AT THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:
202 OLD SLEEPY HOLLOW ROAD
PLEASANTVILLE, NY 10570